Be a good human; don’t send us things that you don’t actually own.
We’re accepting of most definitions of fair use, but if the original copyright holders take issue with something you have published on our site, we have to take it down.
We strive to be good humans; we’ll NEVER reveal ANY personal information to a third-party.
That is simply not in our code. This project is open-source, so this statement is truly independently verifiable. We do share anonymized aggregated data with community leaders and businesses folks; like how many shows happened at a particular zip code and all the fun economic arguments for having Art, Theater and Music around, backed up by real data.
Please don’t spam us.
This is really reserved for blatant spammy stuff that is, alas, inevitable when one puts an open form up on the interwebs. But bear in mind, we’ll review the content you give us and we do reserve the right to take it down.
Please don’t scrape us.
As in write scripts that slurp up the data on the site. Be nice and we will give you stuff for free. Don’t slam our poor servers and increase our co$ts.
We ask for some rights to the things you give us, but we have really good reasons.
It’s mainly so we can promote your events everywhere; our web page, social media, printed materials, the works.
We do not "track" you with our cookies.
Cookies are bits of code that sit on your machine and remember the history of your site usage. We use our cookies to make your experience on our site easier and more intuitive. Like remembering your favorite setting; never spying on your activities.
We do use third-party software for analytics (specifically Google and Yandex) and these guys do track you...
We need them right now to get aggregated, anonymized user data. For example, we can see how many visitors we get per week, but we do not know your name or what you order at Starbucks. Or if you’ve abandoned Starbucks to go local. Aggregated data helps us when we apply for grants (we are a non-profit after all), and helps us set realistic goals for growing the site. The bits of code that these folks represent are basically on every website you visit these days. If you categorically have issues with them, we recommend using Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or something similar.
We wrote a few custom scripts for similar analytical purposes.
These give us info on specific UI elements, like the "add to calendar" feature. This basically helps us to confirm that a specific feature is important, or if you think it’s garbage and we should abandon it for the site’s next iteration.
That’s about it. The stuff below is pure legalese. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions.
Terms of Service
Use of the website http://infinite.industries (the “Site”) and the content and services provided through the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions.
By using the Site, you accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms of Service, whether or not you register for an account. If you are using the Site on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service for that organization and promising that you have authority to bind that organization to these Terms of Service. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to the organization on behalf of which you are using the Site.
If any of these Terms of Service is unacceptable to you, do not use the Site.
Changes to Terms of Service Are Binding; Other Policies
- We may change these Terms of Service from time to time without advance notice. Your use of the Site or Service after any changes have been made will constitute your agreement to the modified Terms of Service and all of the changes. Accordingly, you should read the Terms of Service from time to time for any changes. We will provide a link to the current Terms of Service on the Site, and will show the date on which the Terms of Service were last updated.
Rules of Usage
Use of the Service is subject to the following restrictions and obligations:
- You may not impersonate, imitate, or pretend to be someone else when using the Service.
- You agree not to access links or content that you are not authorized to access.
- You agree not to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access.
- You may not attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without authorization.
- You may not disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer, or interfere with the Service or associated software or hardware in any way. You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to our servers by any means – including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by posing as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.
Account Creation, Maintenance, and Termination
- In order to use certain portions of the Service, you will need to register with us and create an account. When registering for an account with us, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, email address, and institutional affiliation. You represent and warrant that all information provided in establishing an account, and at other points as required in the use of the Service, is current, accurate, and complete, and that you will maintain the accuracy and completeness of this information. If we previously terminated your account, you may not register for another account. You agree that we may contact you from time to time in reference to the Service.
- As a registered account holder, you must maintain the confidentiality and security of your username(s) and password(s). You agree not to share, transfer, or authorize others to use your username and password or your account without our prior written approval. Any attempt to do so will be considered a violation of these Terms of Service.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all usage or activity on your account, including, but not limited to, use of the account by another person, with or without authorization. You agree to notify us immediately if you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure.
- We reserve the right to terminate or restrict access to your account and to delete or disable access to any links created and/or content stored in connection with the account, in our sole discretion, without advance notice, and shall have no liability for doing so. We will terminate your account in appropriate circumstances if you are determined to be a repeat infringer.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Site and Service provide links to third-party websites (“Third Party Sites”). We do not control and have not reviewed all material made available through Third-Party Sites linked from the Site. We do not endorse, are not affiliated with, and are not responsible for the availability of Third-Party Sites. You agree that use of Third Party Sites is at the your own risk and that we have no responsibility or liability, directly or indirectly, for any content accessed at or any damage or losses you incur in connection with any Third-Party Site. We encourage you to be aware of the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any Third-Party Sites that you visit.
User Submitted Content
Some portions of the Service enable users to direct us to store content ("User Submitted Content") and make it available. With respect to any and all User Submitted Content that you may direct us to store, you represent and warrant as follows:
- that you lawfully acquired any User Submitted Content you provide us to upload;
- that you have all rights necessary both to direct us to store the User Submitted Content and to grant any rights granted by you pursuant to these Terms of Service; and
- that our storage, use, display and making available of the User Submitted Content in connection with the Service does not and will not infringe or violate the copyrights or other rights of any third party.
You are solely responsible for any User Submitted Content you submit or direct us to store, and for the consequences of its being stored and made available as part of the Service.
By submitting User Submitted Content, furnishing a link or otherwise directing us to store or vest User Submitted Content, you grant us, under any rights that you hold therein, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, transmit, distribute, perform, display, and make available the User Submitted Content, in any medium now in existence or later developed, in connection with the Service or otherwise in furtherance of our mission, including but not limited to promotional uses, and to authorize others to do the foregoing.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to monitor use of the Service and to review, modify, take down or delete any User Submitted Content, in our sole discretion, without notice, at any time.
We will take down or delete any content that you have previously submitted from our Service upon your written request.
THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY, QUALITY OR SECURITY OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY SITE CONTENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS. WE MAKE THE SITE AND THE SERVICE AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE SITE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK.
General; Entire Agreement
- Your rights under these Terms of Service are personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define or limit the scope or extent of any provision of these Terms of Service.
- Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
Infinite Industries is committed to protecting your privacy. If you have provided us with your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information, we will hold that information in the strictest confidence. We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. If you have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com
We use "cookies" to recognize your browser and taylor some experiences to your specific site use history. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are used for convenience and are in no way linked to any personally identifiable information such as your name or email address. Many web browsers allow you to block cookies.
What kind of data we collect
We collect and share with the third-parties data on events only. There is no Personally Identifiable Information passed through this process. Some of the data is shared via custom generated reports and some via API access granted to developers.
We use Google Analytics and Yandex Metrika, which are web analytics services offered by Google and Yandex corporations respectively that tracks and report website traffic. Google and Yandex use the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google and Yandex services. Google and Yandex may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads for their own advertising network.
We also use Yandex and custom scripts to look at how our interface is used by our audience. All the information collected this way is anonymized. In other words, we can tell that a certain feature is popular or not with our users but we have no idea whom specifically it is popular with. This allows us to make informed decisions on how we want to change our user interface and which new features to prioritize in development.
Since our software is open-source, our usage of analytics software is completely transparent and independently verifiable.
Last updated July 8, 2019