Beat of the Heartland
The Loudoun House
11:00pm - 1:00am
Hip-Hop music is a powerful voice for one's lived experiences and this concert and community gathering celebrates the many artistic voices of the Lexington community.
This FREE event at the Loudoun House will showcase the music of Devine Carama performing with a string quintet from the Lexington Philharmonic and feature local vocalists and poets.
In addition to this exciting collaborative performance, this concert will also include a community festival in the afternoon before the concert in partnership with the Lexington Art League. The festival will feature Lexington non-profits and community vendors. Food vendors will also be on-site.
- Devine Carama, hip hop artist
- Jaysyn “JK-47” Wyche, DJ, studio engineer & producer
- Jaidah Spaulding, vocalist
- Rae’Shawna Campbell, vocalist
- Courtney Campbell, vocalist
- Jaria Gordon, poet
- Christian Motley, poet
LexPhil String Quintet
- Margie Karp & Meg Saunders, violins
- Austin Han, viola
- Benjamin Karp, cello
- Maurice Todd, bass
ATTENDING THIS EVENT:
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own blankets or chairs to sit on the lawn!
While our community has made significant progress in overcoming the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Lexington Philharmonic remains committed to protecting all members of our community, staff, and musicians.
In order to protect one another, we ask that attendees observe the following guidelines:
- Masks are strongly encouraged. We ask that attendees continue to wear a mask, as our audience will include members of our community, including families with young children, who are not yet vaccinated.
- Masks are required in small, confined spaces, such as while visiting the porta-potties or inside of the Loudoun House.
- We strongly encourage attendees to continue to maintain safe distance between households.
Concert capacity has been calculated based on the space available for seating on the lawn of the Loudoun House. Registration is not required to attend the community festival featuring community vendors (5:30 - 8:30pm) or to listen from anywhere in Castlewood Park.
Please note, capacity for this event will be limited due to Covid-19 public health restrictions. LexPhil may amend what appropriate public health measures are in place in response to a risk assessment at the time of the event. Updates will be emailed to registrants, posted to LexPhil social media, and made clear at the event itself.